My weekend was just wonderful and it went like this:
Friday night Ben and I had a wonderful dinner at PF Changs. Then home to watch the movie UP. I was thrilled to stay up late and watch some DVR shows.
Saturday morning, I got to sleep in GUILT FREE!! There was no Jazzercise so I could relax without feeling lazy! I slept until 9am. Ben woke me up to homemade pancakes. Then we went to the Farmer's Market. It is truly my favorite thing to do on Saturday mornings!! Ben and I picked out some beautiful hanging plants and fruits and veggies. Then we headed home for some yard work. There is nothing more organic feeling than digging in the dirt and getting some work done. I raked the front yard and rocked out to my new ipod tunes.
About lunch time, I got the best phone call...Alison wanted to lay out at her pool! Yay! It was my first time in the sun for the summer. Thrilled is an understatement! True to form, I did what I usually do the first time I'm in the sun for the year...No sunscreen, add accelerator! I got a little red but not really burned. My Saturday continued with a pedicure (I picked "Cajun Shrimp"), a movie with Steph (we saw Date Night...Hilarious!!), then Barnes and Noble where I picked up a new book. I was so tempted to go get a martini but resisted since I need to save the money for the beach.
Sunday was just as fun!! We slept late and missed church but I watched Church of the Highlands online. Then we had lunch at Newks, grocery shopping and took Mattie for her very first walk in the neighborhood. She did so well! We went to Ben's grandad's wedding Sunday afternoon and then back home. There was still some beautiful sunshine left so we headed to the backyard to play with some bubbles and Mattie.

She didn't know how to felt about the bubbles. They were pretty scary to her! But we got some fun pictures!

I love this picture of us! She is my Lil' Mattie Girl!


No comments:
Post a Comment