Monday, April 12, 2010

Fun Weekend!

This weekend turned out to be a very fun one! Friday night was a lazy night at home. Ben had to work on Saturday.

Saturday morning Mattie & I decided to sleep in! We got up around 10:30, I made some scrambled eggs and watched Saved by the Bell reruns. Then about 1pm, Katy stopped by and picked me up. We went to the Everyday Gardener Herb & Plant Sale. It was so fun! We loaded up on herbs and decided we would give growing them a shot. I got Cilantro, Dill, Lemon Thyme and a citrus-y lettuce called Sorrel. I also got a little plant called a Lamb's Ear. The leaves are really soft! We stopped by the Farmer's Market and got some fresh fruits and veggies. Then headed home to get ready for the lake! We loaded up and went to Lake Tithelo for the afternoon. The dogs ran and played and the we grilled burgers. It was so fun to get away.

Sunday after church, Ben and I went ran some errands and then did some yard work. I planted my herbs and Lamb's Ear. Ben cut the backyard. Mattie had a great time running around and chewing on sticks. We decided we could chase her with the water hose. It was so funny! She tucked her tail with ears back and ran as fast as she could. She was already tired and then we went to Supper Club where she played with all the other dogs. Needless to say, she slept so well last night! It was a fun time!

No comments: