Thursday, July 3, 2008

Trying to Save a Dollar

I have always been a big fan of saving any money that I can...I love a sale, especially when you can find great, cute clothes for less than $100 for a piece (Dillards has great sales on BCBG, MAX, etc.). Being the single girl on a budget that I have been during my adult life, I can always use a deal - that one-bedroom apartment rent can wipe a paycheck in a minute.

Given the state of the economy right now (don't scream! I know it is in every single newscast imaginable and you are sick of hearing it but it is where we are...reality), my desire to save has gone beyond the vanity categories. I have really been able to tell a different in the grocery store. My half gallon of organic milk has gone for $2.00 to $4.19! And you can just forget about luxuries like non-store brands!

Well, companies are trying to by-pass this mind set. Corporations like Kraft, Kellogs, ect are trying desperately to increase sales, thus producing more COUPONS. Before you picture me as the 90-year-old in front of you at the supermarket with an envelope and 400 coupons to sort through (at the register), hear me out...I heard of a great website from Today Show called www.coupons.com. So, I thought I would try it out. It really is a great site. They have lots of brand name coupons. All you have to do is print them out and head to your local grocer. Many stores are doing double and triple coupons to encourage spending, as well. To avoid being the 400 coupon granny, I suggest clipping the coupons and making a grocery list including these items prior to shopping. Then all you have to do is hand the stack to your cashier and you are done. Just heard on the radio of another site to try. www.couponmom.com. Try it out and let me know what you think!

No comments: