
Everyone knows you are supposed to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. But is it really true that it will help you loose weight? As a chick constantly looking for the best way to avoid the lbs, I dutifully sit at my desk drinking bottle after bottle of water each day. But I cant help wonder if it really does anything other than give me an excuse to get up from my desk multiple times an hour. I suppose of all the things to keep you hydrated, water is the best but I sure could think of a million things I would rather have...diet coke, a grande Starbucks, maybe a glass of wine??... :) Hey, it is Friday. When I worked at Cooking Light, I asked the magazine nutritionist if you eat a big slice of cake can you drink a gallon of water, literally, and that will make it all better. She definitely said no. She said when you eat anything those calories are there for the long haul. The benefit of drinking water is that you can get full off of water and you will be less likely to overeat or snack because it fills that empty spot. I guess gulping the liquid nothing is better than munching away your work boredom, saddess or frustration. So...here I go diving into my second 33.8 oz bottle today. But somehow, I dont think I will ever say "Wow, I'm so depressed! Hand over the Dasani!" Now, cheesecake...that's another story! :)~


1 comment:
Ha! Cute post! I will say that I seem to snack less when I am drinking lots of water.
Post a Comment