Friday, July 11, 2008
2 Chronicles 20:15
A few months ago while reading my friend, Kelley Brown's blog, I saw a bible verse that I have been meaning to look up ever since. It is 2 Chronicles 20:12. I wrote it on a slip of paper and put it in my business card holder at work. When I see it, I keep thinking "I need to look that up" but never took the time. Just now I was visiting Anna's blog and saw her link to BibleGateway.com. I decided to finally look up the verse. I'm glad I did. "12 O our God, will you not judge them? For we have no power to face this vast army that is attacking us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are upon you." Kelley's verse made me read further down to find this. 15 He said: "Listen, King Jehoshaphat and all who live in Judah and Jerusalem! This is what the LORD says to you: 'Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God's." This really struck me as a powerful, truth-speaking verse! Think about just the last part of it..."Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God's." Now, I dont know exactly what it feels like to have men from Ammon, Moab and Mount Seir literally wanting to kill me and steal my land after I have spared their lives. But I do know what it feels like to think the whole world is out to get you. Imagine how betrayed God's people must have felt to have spared these men and not kill them only to have the men repay them by coming to kill and steal from the very people who had shown them mercy. They must have felt so foolish and scared. We are blessed enough to, for the most part of the world, not have the fear of people taking our home and life but dont we sometimes feel very much the same way about other areas?? I know I have felt many times like the pressure of bills or angry co-workers or misunderstands between friends were literally coming to get me. To steal my happiness and safety. We should apply this verse to those circumstances too. When someone is comes at us or the pressure is too much, there is such comfort in knowing that this does not have to be our battle. It can be God's battle and He will protect us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
This is one of my favorite Old Testament passages. Thanks for the shout out! :) Love you!
Post a Comment