Every year I set several New Year's Resolutions. This year only one really came to mind...Try out one new recipe per week! For years, I have collected recipes from magazines, friends and family; cataloging each one in a big binder separated into neat little sections for appetizers, side dishes, chicken entrees, seafood entrees...You get the picture. Yet, I have not even tried 1/8th of the ones I have collected.
So three weeks ago I set out on my cooking journey. I wouldn't say that I am ready to conquer a Julia Child cookbook but I'm learning somemthings and loving finding recipes that are great for the working girl. Let's face it...after 8 hours at the office, the last thing you want to do is stand on your feet for 2 hours cooking (nor do I have the patience).
Here are the ones I have tried so far:
Crawfish & Corn (courtesy of Katy) - verdict: Great, good dump soup and it makes lots
Apple & Raisin Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce (from a magazine) - verdict: delicious! a good twist on regular bread pudding.
Skillet Chicken (from Food & Family) - verdict: not so good; we wont be making this one again
French Onion Pork Chops (from Food & Family) - verdict: fabulous! We will definitely make again soon
Fran's Easy Chicken Pot Pie (courtesy of Fran Peacock) - verdict: delicious and not time consuming if you use pre-made pie crust and use boneless, skinless chicken breasts for the shredded chicken.
I'm going to post some of the best recipes that I run across if you want to give them a try.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment