Is the love you take equal to the love you make?
Here I am at 4:41 am on a Friday morning...I can't sleep so I'm left to think a little philosophically if you will entertain me...
I have been thinking a lot tonight about this phrase "In the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make". Maybe I'm not necessarily thinking about it in the same terms as the Beatles so many years ago but I thought my great friend Carrie would appreciate the reference. My thought is...in the end, do you reap benefits equal to the effort that you put in? My conclusion is you never know.
In life - work, relationships, etc we can put forth lots and lots of effort. Trying as best we can to make things work favorably in our direction. However, when it is all said and done we are still left to simply hope for the best and see how things turn out.
I remember when I was young during another crush on a boy, my mom would say "you can't love somebody enough for the two of you." Let's put this in relative work terms today...You can try very hard, study very hard, work effeciently, and be quite convincing but in the end you are left to chance of whether you will ace a test, make a sale or in general have your outcome be favorable to what you want. Sure, doing these things might increase your probability of success but ultimately, it will happen for you or it wont.
I suppose my conclusion is try your hardest and do your best...that is all anyone can ask of you and if you don't succeed...maybe it was not meant to be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I love you, Jessica Suzanne Cain Murphy! And your little dog too... :) Thanks for being one of my bestest friends!!!
Post a Comment