Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Start of Two-A-Days

In the spirit of football season - and the fact that my pants are too tight! - I have started two-a-days! Yep that's right! I'm committing to working out two times per day. Katy has agreed to partner with me for AM walks with our dogs. From 6:45 to 7:30 we are pounding the pavement off of Briarwood. Then on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday I will jazzercise for my second workout. Wednesday and Sunday I will walk twice. Friday...I suppose I will give myself a break and just walk once. None the less, I will basically do all I can to not become one of those girls who is just married and packs on 40 lbs. I'm very thankful that Ben is so easy on me about this...I'm definitely hard enough on myself!!
So, with all this walking I have started getting awful blisters! I went with Rebecca to Fleet Feet this week and got some fancy pants new socks that are supposed to prevent this. I have worn them once and honestly, it seemed to help!! If it really does, then I will try to replace all of them over time. As much as I hate paying $10 for socks, I hate blisters that make me hobble worse.
The rain has not helped with the walking on Friday and Sunday but I hope it will dry up by tomorrow. I guess this is a time when a gym membership would be so helpful. I will keep you posted on the two-a-days. Some mornings I can't help but wonder if just not eating wouldn't be easier...Who am I kidding?! (Please see the Chocolate Chess Pie Post! ha!)

1 comment:

Fran said...

You looked really fantastic at the game on Saturday - Mike even commented on how great you look! But walks and working out will make you feel even better. Even though we don't think you need 'em. ;)