Monday, October 27, 2008

An update!

It has been FOREVER since I have last posted a blog...lack of things to say possibly...not likely! My life has been filled with colds, working late, weddings, planning my own, Friday the 13ths, a sick Callie, recuperating, a new bible study, a new baby, and just trying to find a few more minutes in a day (and dollars in the bank.)
I, somehow, got a random infection in my arm in September...well, I no more got well from that and caught a terrible cold the week of Steph's wedding! I was so bummed! I had so been looking forward to her wedding and didnt want a cold to ruin it! Thanks to Ashley, my dear pharmacy tech friend & some Robitusin DM, I was nearly sniffle-free.
Steph's wedding was amazing and beautiful, just like she imagined. We had a wonderful time and it was nice to get away for a weekend. The bridesmaids dresses were beautiful and truly looked pretty on everyone.
Work has been crazy with lots of possible work coming down the pipes. I love to be busy at work but unfortunately between work and being sick I have missed so much working out! Not good in the year of my wedding! It has been somewhat frustrating but I'm hoping to go on a nice long walk this afternoon...by the way...I'm still in need of new workout shoes!
My wedding has been turned upside down in the past month. I have changed wedding venues and our honeymoon had to be moved due to our resort being bought out. It was disappointing but I know we will have a wonderful time anywhere in St. Lucia, even a hut on the beach!
Callie, my sweet cocker spaniel has been having the worst tummy issues lately! She keeps getting an upset tummy. It is very freightning and though I have treated her and taken her to the vet, it makes me very conscience that one day I might loose her. I cant imagine life without her sweet face and eagerness to always be with me. We can learn so much from our pets. No matter what, they are right there and ready to play even if it has been the worst day ever. If we could all find that joy in tiny things...
Ben & I have been on a Friday the 13th kick lately...guess because it is the Halloween season and time for all things scary! We have watched 1-4 on the movie sequels. Since Halloween is this weekend, we better wrap it up!
I started a new bible study last week. We are reading the book The Frazzled Female. I think we can ALL relate to this. We havent gotten very far in it but it all goes back to slowing down, calming down and putting our focus on the important things in life! I forget that all the time and put importance on all the wrong things! I hope I will get a lot out of it. I like the girls in my group and look forward to some good discussion on it.
Rebecca & Ty had their baby last week! Baby Cullen was born on Oct. 15th. He is the most precious thing ever! I have been to their house 2x since they have gotten home just to hold & cuddle with the sweet little boy! Of course, it has been fun visiting with Rebecca & Ty and hearing about all the experiences as new parents. So fun to watch!
There are never enough hours in a day! It seems that the older I get, the more life just rushes along without me. I wake up and it is almost November! Where has the time gone?!? The whirlwind that has been my October has left me wanting more time and being, frankly, exhausted! It is an exciting time in my life and so many around me! I want to soak up all the moments and just like so many before...I just want more time. And, honestly, more money! The stock market, with its crazy antics over the past couple of months, has me feeling urgent to save. I am very blessed but the problem is I let my financial blessings get away from me sometimes. So...I suppose this is a blog longing for appreciation of the moments and intelligence in my finances so if the chips really get down, I am not sucked into it.

1 comment:

Fran said...

Hey Jess! I know what you mean about being a Frazzled Female. I was a May bride too, and I really didn't enjoy the holidays before the wedding due to spending every free moment planning and getting ready. It'll get better - promise. It helped me to "get back to Mayberry," and put my mindset in a more simple time and place. If at the end of the day you two are married, then it will have been a great day!

If you need any help at all, you know where to find me, Babe!