
I, like most people, think I have the greatest friends around. When I looked at some photos this morning I remembered why I love these people so much! So ...one of my greatest friends ever, Carrie, and her parents went to New Orleans (a.k.a NOLA) for Mama Liz's bday. If you know Mama Liz at all, you know she has a great love for New Orleans - the whole experience... Jazz music in the street, fruity concoctions from the local pubs, fresh Cajun fare, and the mere chance to hear "When the Saints Come Marching In." From the pictures, it looks like they had a grand time, which is the only kind of time you can have with the Fryers! There are some people in the world who can just have a fun time doing anything and I do mean anything! From laundry to cleaning the house, these wild girls of the south know how to spice up any chore...the only question is red or white! ha!
The greatest part is they can make anything seem extraordinary if their heart is behind it...that would be anything they care about. I have always said if either one got a plain, old bag of peanuts for a gift, it would be so much more to them. I would probably say "Wow...I got some peanuts. Hope they are good." They would say "Have you ever seen such a wonderful bag of peanuts?! They are so fresh and have just the right amount of salt. This is the best bag ever! It reminds me of that time when I went to the ballpark. Do you remember the great fun we had?! This is the best gift I could have gotten!!" This is not really the best gift they have ever gotten but it shows a little something else. They can find joy in anything! I wish I could do that...just be joyful over life and all the fun times. Forget what silly thing I might be worried about at the time and just enjoy the ride.
So here's to the Fryer girls! May you always love too much, exclaim too loudly, laugh too hard, and find happiness in one more cocktail!


No comments:
Post a Comment