Monday, February 1, 2010

Selective Patience

I have thought about this alot lately and thought it deserved a post. At bible study last week, we all talked about how we have "selective patience" for certain people and this is really true! There are some people who I will be incredibly patient with. I have a couple of good friends from long ago that could push me to my very last limit and still I put work into the friendship. There are other people in my life that I just want to scream at "Get it together!!!" I have always said...You have to roll with life or it will roll over you. Life cuts very little slack for people. We have a lot that we have to accomplish. Things that we have to do. People we must take care of. Sometimes I feel myself being very impatient with some of the very people that need it the most.

Maybe the answer is that we know what people of capable of. Those who we know can accomplish much are set to a high standard than those who you estimate can accomplish little. Unfortunately, this makes those over-achievers have to work that much harder to fulfill their tasks, whether it is loving us, household chores, fulfilling our love languages, having caring friendships, etc.

Do you have people that can't do anything the way you want them to? What can we do but breathe and take it one day at a time. Patience is a virtue.

1 comment:

mary straton said...

i am in complete agreeance with you. loved dinner last night!